This is a Nithya Annadana Seva where lunch is distributed to the poor and the needy who come for treatment at GH and ICH. We also distribute food in various homes for the needy. Our beneficiaries are predominantly mothers; mothers whose children are at the hospital.
Being in the hospital they can neither cook the food, nor is it possible to get food from home, since most of them are from outside Chennai. Needless to say, the cost of buying hygeinic food from outside is unaffordable.
Most of them, daily labourers, have lost their means of income too.
In addition to mothers and conservancy workers at ICH we also distribute food to frontline workers (paramedical team) at Rajiv Gandhi General Hospital and the transgender community at Thozhi.
During Covid-19 Wave
More than ONE LAKH meals during complete lockdown of first wave
- 60 days of continuous service (25th March 26th May 2020)
- Served Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Rs. 30 Lakhs total value of meals provided
- All meals provided in eco-friendly (paakku mattai plates) only
- Government Royapettah Hospital (Lunch & Dinner)
- Institute of Child Health, Egmore( Lunch & Dinner)
- Institute of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Egmore (Egmore Maternity Hospital) (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Government Rajiv Gandil General Hospital (Lunch)
During Wave 2
Lunches and buttermilk distributed for police and conservancy workers on duty (from 14th May to 10th June 2021)
Total value of our COVID services was more than 50 lakhs.
More than Rs 7 lakhs spent to distribute more than 20000 meals at ICH, Egmore.